If you have noticed, most of the people prefer to play oriental games because of its elegant pieces, board and theme. They always bring a peculiar mood to the player, making us completely forget about our daily work pressure or other things that plagued us for so long! Mahjong is one of the main game titles considered as one of the best board games of oriental origin. Mahjong pieces were originally made from ivory, but after a ban was implemented, manufacturers switched to artificial raw materials.
However, mahjong solitaire boards are still quite expensive and finding players who are interested in the game is getting harder and harder. The good news for the Mahjong fan who was disappointed by these factors is the websites where you can play Mahjong Online. Online games usually involve skilled opponents, so you have to know how to fight professionally. Here are 5 top strategies that will help you drastically improve your game while playing Mahjong Online:
- Attack: In Mahjong you should always adapt the attack mode from the start, leaving your opponent no room to think and react to your strategic moves. This is a highly efficient strategy that helps you maintain your position.
- Defense: There is no way for a player to be in attack mode for the entire game, so he must also be a good defender. Don’t wait to hear opponents make that dangerous move to defend it, but keep an eye on it to discover possible next moves. This way you can also maintain your attack position while defending.
- Defensive Attack – Although this may seem very similar to Attack and Defense modes, it is actually different and only experienced players can play Defensive Attack mode efficiently. You will be keeping an eye on your opponent and while he is building an attack against your pieces, you will be preparing your defense with many ambushes so that your opponent can never back down from an attack without losing important pieces. This strategy takes a lot of practice, but if executed professionally, your opponent will always be at high risk.
- Dealing with Pieces: Like any other board game where a lot of talent is required, Mahjong also needs smart game strategies. Deal with the right pieces to play a very important role in the game. You need to make sure that the pieces you are dealing with are not useful to your opponent, otherwise you are actually helping your opponent to pair him faster. By dealing with unwanted pieces, you are making it increasingly difficult for your opponents to come up with a defensive strategy that can stop your winning streak. You need excellent evaluation skills to understand pieces that are absolutely useless to your opponent.
- Tenpai – Tenpai is significantly crucial when playing this game, as many players have a habit of dealing into their opponent’s hands when the opponent is in Tenpai. This is an absolute waste of time and there is no way you are going to build a matching set with this technique, so leave the opponents with Tenpai alone and try to figure out other strategies to attack.